Rivatex East Africa Limited is a leading textile manufacturing company equipped with the latest state-of-the-art machinery within the region. Our vision is to be a leader in textile technology, innovation and production for development and socio-economic well-being. Our operations are focused in the manufacture of textile products and we are committed to producing quality products and service to achieve sustained, profitable growth by providing services and products which consistently satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
We are seeking to recruit One (1) Assistant Procurement Officer.
|VACANCY NO: JOB GROUP:||HRM/01/JANUARY. 2020
RIVATEX JOB GRADE RVT 4
To assist procurement of services in the department.
The following is a summary of the Job Description detailing the responsibilities.
- Review purchasing requisition notes/ documents from user departments ensuring adequacy of details and specifications.
- Supervise, allocate and appraise the work of purchasing clerks under you
- Identify & recommend potential sources of procuring
- Prepare Solicitation documents (Request for Quotation, Invitation to Bid etc) for issuance to pre-selected suppliers
- Review Quotations/Bids received in response together with the supply chain and logistics manager to determine the supplier(s) who will supply the goods/services with due consideration on price, quality & delivery time
- Enter into negotiations concerning terms & conditions of orders under the guidance of the supply chain and logistics manager
- Prepare local purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Mill Manager and the Managing Director.
- Resolve issues and problems regarding delivered goods including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities received.
- Be part of a team to supervise, signs and ascertains the receipt of goods from local suppliers
- Prepare and forward reports to the supply chain and logistics manager regarding stock levels on regular basis to ensure production processes are not stopped.
- Prepare Return to Vendor Forms to be signed by the Chief Accountant, Mill Manager & the Managing Director
- Maintain relevant documents, databases and files ensuring they are properly and promptly filed and kept.
- Monitor performance of local suppliers and take follow-up action to ensure timely delivery of goods and services ordered and in compliance with the terms and conditions of relevant purchase orders and contract.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- University Graduate and CIPS qualification
- At least 3 years procurement experience, preferably indirect procurement 3) Results oriented
- Excellent stakeholder management; both internally and externally
- Be able to anticipate problems and provide solutions beforehand
- Good communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Be able to create value to the business through identification of savings, supplier performance reviews and articulate the value that procurement adds to the business 8) Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Effective organizational skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set targets 4) Ability to build new business relationships.
- Good inter-personal & communication skills
- Good team player and result-oriented
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks within set deadlines 9) Good in planning and work under minimum supervision
Rivatex is an equal employer and encourages women, candidates from marginalized groups and persons with disabilities to apply.N.B Canvassing directly or indirectly will lead to automatic disqualification.
Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
The company does not charge any fee for this process.
Fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution is a must. Only those short listed shall be contacted.